- As a result of the financial impact that the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic is having on policyholders, we are announcing the Safety Personal Auto Relief Credit. Any Safety Insurance personal auto policyholder that has a policy in effect as of April 1st will receive a 15% credit off their premium for the months of April and May. Details of the program include:
- Insureds must have made at least one payment on their policy and maintain continuous coverage to be eligible
- The credits will be applied automatically, and insureds do not need to take any action
- Policyholders that have paid in full will receive a refund
- New business policies are eligible
- This credit is pending regulatory approval
In addition to this credit, Safety’s previously announced initiatives remain ongoing:
Cancellation notices issued on or after March 23, 2020 have been rescinded and we have placed a hold on all non -payment policy cancellations until further notice. We have also waived all late and NSF fees.
Safety continues to provide auto coverage for customers who are now using their personal vehicles to make food deliveries as a result of changes to their business operations. As always, our staff is available to provide help and work through flexible solutions to the challenges our policyholders face.
We are making relief efforts through our Charitable Foundation to help support the communities in which we do business. We are providing financial support to the following local charities.
Massachusetts COVID -19 Relief Fund
Boston Resiliency Fund
Healthcare Heroes to benefit the Massachusetts General Emergency Response Fund
Safety’s thoughts remain with everyone during these difficult times and we will continue to make decisions that have the best interest of our agents, policyholders, and employees in mind. Thank you for your continued partnership and please stay safe.